Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Visual C++ Express help?

How do I compile my program into a .exe file in Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express. If I can't, please refer to me an easy-to-use C++ compiler that lets me compile my program into an .exe file.

Visual C++ Express help?
Go To


My Documents -%26gt; Visual Studio 2008 -%26gt; Projects -%26gt;(The Name of your project) -%26gt; Debug or Release





To determine where your program is you need to know if you have compiled a Debug or a Release .exe file, to determine this there will be a dropdown box next to a green arrow in the VisualStudio window( The window that you edit/compile your Program with.) and it will either say Debug or Release but will have Configuration manager in that window.





*note about debug compiled: They run a little to a lot slower than a release version, you really wont notice the slowdown until a few hundred/thousand lines of code have been written and being used.





The F5 key is to start "Debugging" your program.
Reply:When you select build, a .exe file is created. It should be in either your Debug/Release directory under the project directory.

spring flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment