Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Using Visual Studio's C#, how can I adjust the <TITLE> tag in the HTML?

Basically based on a database entry, I want to dynamically build the %26lt;TITLE%26gt; tag.





Thanks for answering!

Using Visual Studio's C#, how can I adjust the %26lt;TITLE%26gt; tag in the HTML?
Between my TITLE tags I would put reference to a subroutine in my script header for example





%26lt;TITLE%26gt;%26lt;%MySubName%%26gt;%26lt;/TITLE%26gt;





Then in my header I would run my database code to call my title and then use response.write to generate the title within the tags - for example





Import the namespace System.Data.OleDb.





public void mySubName(Object s, EventArgs e) {


{


OleDbConnection conn;


OleDbCommand comm;


OleDbDataReader dr;


conn = new OleDbConnection("Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source = C:\\database.mdb");


comm = new OleDbCommand("Select titlecolumn from mytable",conn);


conn.Open();


dr = comm.ExecuteReader();





while (dr.Read())


{


Response.Write( dr["titlecolumn"].ToString() );


}





dr.Close();








conn.Close();


}


}


No comments:

Post a Comment