Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Do programs written in C++ in Visual Studio 2005 need any other software libraries to be installed?

I only used the libraries available to the Visual Studio 2005.


So would i need to install .net framework 2.0 or something in order for it to work on another pc?

Do programs written in C++ in Visual Studio 2005 need any other software libraries to be installed?
I don't know about VB studio, but for Visual Basic 5.0 and VB 6.0 some run-time files are required, you install them when you install Visual Basic, but when you compile a .exe and take that file to another computer it will probably not work, that's why you need to install the run-time files (here is a link http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp... )


But I'm not sure if Visual basic Studio needs those run-time files installed, I looked in the Microsoft website and I couldn't find it, I guess that Microsoft finally figured out that if they where selling a program to make apps to use in the same operative system they sell, that they should sell Windows with those run-time files included.





btw, when I used VB 5.0 it had an app to make one of those fancy setup programs that would install all the dll and run-time files required for your program, but I don't remember the name of the program :(
Reply:It depends if they use external libraries.





It is possible to write programs with no external libraries. Sometimes it is easier to use external libraries.





I hope this answers your question.


No comments:

Post a Comment